In certain sections of nylc.org and affiliated websites users may freely post comments and certain content. Postings may not include personal insults, obscenities, or unrelated content. Though postings are not moderated, NYLC reserves the right to delete or edit postings as it sees fit. NYLC will have a perpetual, non-exclusive worldwide right to use and authorize use of, as it sees fit, all information posted on NYLC websites.
Copyrights for materials posted on nylc.org reside with NYLC or, when credited, other contributors. For permission to use any of this material in ways not described above, please contact NYLC at email@example.com.
Using Posted Materials
NYLC provides materials to help educators, community-based organizations, and young people create and implement successful, high-quality service and learning.
Website users are granted permission to download, print out, and use documents from nylc.org or affiliated websites for their own personal and professional purposes so long as they do not make any charge for copies of such documents provided to or used by third parties; do not include such documents on another website; do not make or distribute more than 25 copies of any such document; do not include such documents in any other publication whether in print, electronic, or other form; and do not otherwise republish any such document without explicit written permission from NYLC.
Printouts and other copies of any documents from nylc.org, including web pages, must be made and used in their entirety and not altered in any way. Materials may not be reposted, reprinted, redistributed, or used as part of any profit-making venture, except as described above, without express written permission from NYLC.
The purpose of the foregoing permission is to allow NYLC website users to download, print out, and use such documents for their own strictly personal and professional purposes, to pass copies of such documents along to colleagues for the same type of use, to use such documents in training that they conduct themselves, and similar uses — all without making any charge related to such documents. If you have any concerns about this permission or its application, please contact NYLC.
Code of Conduct
In addition, you agree not to use the Service or the Site to:
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service or the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- use the Service or the Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Service or the Site;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any videos other than those of a personal nature that: (i) are of you or your friends, (ii) are taken by you or your friends, or (iii) are original art or animation created by you or your friends;
- register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorization from NYLC, or create a false identity on the Service or the Site.
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of NYLC, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose NYLC or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other NYLC website users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
Third Party Websites and Content
The Site contains (or you may be sent through the Site or the Service) links to other web sites (“Third Party Sites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Applications, Software or Content”). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through the Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on, available through or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the site.
Children Under Age 13 / Notice to Parents
NYLC does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for NYLC website services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on NYLC websites. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental or school consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governing Law; Venue and Jurisdiction
Unless otherwise specified, the terms “includes”, “including”, “e.g.,”, “for example”, and other similar terms are deemed to include the term “without limitation” immediately thereafter. Terms used in these Terms with the initial letter(s) capitalized will have the meaning attributed to them in these Terms.
DMCA NOTICE — COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS
If you believe that any material on NYLC websites infringes your copyright, please send us a notification, under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), by email email@example.com and include the following, as required by the DMCA:
- Identify the copyrighted work(s) you claim is infringed.
- Identify the material you claim is infringing the copyright(s), and provide enough information for us to reasonably locate that material.
- Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf (the “Claimant”).
- Include the Claimant’s name, address, and telephone number(s).
- Include a statement that the Claimant has a good faith belief that use of the disputed material is not authorized by the copyright owner or his agent.
- Include a statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification of copyright infringement is accurate and that the Claimant is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE NYLC WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED BY NYLC “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTIES EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. NYLC AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA, (B) THIS WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (C) ANY STORED DATA WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (E) ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (F) THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THIS WEBSITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
NYLC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS CANNOT BE GUARANTEED AND INTERRUPTION MAY OCCUR FROM TIME TO TIME DUE TO FACTORS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL.
Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT NYLC AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR THIS WEBSITE, THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES, EVEN IF NYLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT NYLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER SUCH INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION WAS JUSTIFIED OR NOT, NEGLIGENT OR INTENTIONAL, INADVERTENT OR ADVERTENT.
NYLC’S LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF A) THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAID TO NYLC FOR USING THIS WEBSITE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY OR B) $100.
Some jurisdictions do not allow for the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. If you reside in such a jurisdiction, some of the above limitations may not apply to you
You agree to indemnify and hold NYLC, its licensors, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) made by any third party arising out of or in connection with your breach of this Agreement or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
Modification of Agreement & Notifications
You agree that NYLC may change this Agreement from time to time. We may place a notice on NYLC’s pages to reasonably alert you to certain changes such as modifications to this Agreement. Alternatively, notice may consist of an email from us to an email address associated with your NYLC website account, even if we have other contact information.
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement, or any failure to act with respect to a breach, shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court shall strike such provision and the other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of this website or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose.
Section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and NYLC with respect to the subject matter herein. Provisions regarding Limited Liability, Disclaimer of Warranties, and Indemnity shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.