By: Amy Meuers, CEO
Each year the National Service-Learning Conference brings together more than 700 educators, administrators, higher-education faculty, non-profit leaders, government officials, AmeriCorps members, and students from across the nation and around the world for three days of learning, connection, and inspiration. This year, the National Service-Learning Conference’s theme is Justice in Action. It’s a theme to inspire action – it’s educators and community members joining in partnership with students, to make positive change in the world.
The conference provides more than 100 hands-on learning opportunities through workshops, keynote and thought leader sessions. Topics range from social-emotional learning and civic education to youth leadership and international service-learning. Whether you are new to service-learning or an experienced practitioner, this conference has something for you. A Rookie series offers introductory sessions on the practice of service-learning while the research and thought leader sessions will engage even the most seasoned professional.
Networking is a key component of the conference with dedicated opportunities to meet and interact with other attendees from your region or from across the world. Evening receptions, exhibit hall times, lunches, and breakfasts are spaces designed for you to make connections that will advance your practice and inspire you to take-action.
The National Service-Learning Conference prides itself on student participation at every level. Students make up nearly half of conference attendees and can be found on the plenary stage, facilitating workshop sessions, showcasing their projects, participating in hands-on service projects, or mingling in the youth room. Youth of all ages are welcome at the event (with an adult mentor).
The 2018 National Service-Learning Conference – Justice in Action – will take place March 11-13 in Saint Paul, Minnesota!
Mark your calendars today with these important deadlines:
- Got something important to impart? Submit a workshop proposal. Deadline is Friday, November 3, midnight CST.
- Showcase an amazing service-learning project. Deadline is Friday, November 3, midnight CST.
- Resources? Teacher tools? Great programs? Exhibit and share what you got! Deadline for registration is February 9, 2018.
- Short on cash but want to join us? Apply for a scholarship! Deadline is November 20, 2017!
- Know a remarkable educator or student team? Shouldn’t they be recognized for their work? We think so too! Nominate them for an award today. Deadline for awards is December 1, 2017.
We look forward to welcoming you to our home city of Saint Paul this March. We guarantee this is a conference you won’t want to miss.