Connect with youth and adult leaders from around the world!
Join the more than one thousand students, educators, and government leaders from across the country and around the world who will convene at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Minneapolis, Minn., March 30 – April 2, 2016 at the National Service-Learning Conference® to demonstrate how young people apply academic learning to address some of the most challenging issues of this century: the achievement gap, the environment, and peace-making to name a few. This intergenerational event creates a unique atmosphere, where youth bring incredible energy and passion to discussions on education and social policy. Both youth and adults gain the tools, resources, ideas, and support to return home to improve their practice, their schools, and their communities.
The conference offers a multiple-day, concurrent session format that creates a self-directed, facilitated learning environment with education sessions, discussion groups, and interactive workshops designed specifically for all levels of attendees engaged in service, learning, and youth development. The conference programming addresses current and emerging issues, best practices, and the challenges facing us today.
How do you prepare students with the skills they need to change the world?
- You engage them in complex, meaningful projects that require sustained engagement, collaboration, research, management of resources, and the development of a product or service.
- You bring service-learning into your classroom.
- You show them that they are not alone — that thousands of young people across this country and around the world are making real change at the local, national, and global level.
- You bring them to the largest gathering of youth and adults committed to changing the world with young people, for all people – the 27th Annual National Service-Learning Conference.
Spread the Word!
Tell your friends and colleagues about the National Service-Learning Conference coming to Minneapolis, Minnesota in 2016! Here are some sample messages you can use on your Web pages, email, social media, and blogs to promote your involvement in this important event.
- Join me in MPLS for #SLC16, the premier event for #servicelearning educators nylc.org/conference @nylcorg
- I’m going to #SLC16 in MPLS next March to be the best educator/student I can be. nylc.org/conference @nylcorg
- #SLC16 is all about giving youth a voice in their own education. Join me in MPLS, March 30, 2016 nylc.org/conference @nylcorg
@nylcorg is the official twitter handle for the National Youth Leadership Council.
Need Customized Content?
We are able to provide visuals and messaging about #SLC16 for your needs. Contact Amy Meuers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the 27th Annual National Service-Learning Conference, contact Jason Stewart, Conference and Events Planner, by email at email@example.com or phone: 651.999.7360.